23 sign ups until a minute ago and still counting!
Plenty of brave-hearts around it appears. We’ve signed up to be Write Tribe Pro Bloggers!
Welcome Write Tribe Pro Blogger! Congratulations. Yes, you are now officially a Write Tribe Pro Blogger.
I hope you’ve added the lovely badge to your blog.
To those of you who are undecided, I say – take the plunge. Sign up here. Now.
Some of you had questions and reservations. And we have the answers and the inspiration! 😉
1.How long does this challenge last?
How about ‘forever’? 🙂 Let’s just say, indefinitely. You challenge yourself to post every day for a year, at the very least. I know two very talented bloggers – Carol Cassara and Laurel Regan, who blog every day – simply for the love of writing and blogging. If they can do it, so can we. And we will.
2. I’m not ready. I don’t think I have what it takes.
Vidya has shared the benefits of daily blogging. Now it’s up to you to decide. Your blog. Your life. Your choice.
But if it’s something you really want to do, I’d say, don’t wait.
3. Can I start next month?
Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today? Life is busy, we know. Postponing the inevitable – if you do plan to do it – is not desirable. When you put it off for another day, it becomes easier to keep on extending it. Before you know it, that day never comes. “Someday” is not a day of the week.
Okay, so some of you have genuine issues. We will take a call about new entries next month. For now the sign-up form will be kept open until 5th August 2014. Please sign up. You’ll be glad you did!
4. What do I write about every day?
There’s never a shortage of inspiration.We have the Write Tribe prompts– browse through older posts here and look for the new ones. In fact, if you haven’t already, subscribe to Write Tribe updates (just enter your email at the top of the page) Pro bloggers will receive updates and ideas by email. Also there are the NaBloPoMo prompts and sites like No.2 Pen that give you a blog post idea for every day of the year! If nothing works, just try a Google search for “blog post ideas”.
5. Where do I add links to my posts?
Right here on the blog. You can start with the linky below that is open up to 3rd August. Thereafter, we’ll have a post with a linky up every Monday.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up now! And get going. When you look back on this day after a couple of weeks, you’ll be proud of yourself.
- Open your August calendar
- Take a sheet of paper and a pen (or whatever works for you)
- Jot down ideas for posts. ( You can write List posts. Book reviews. Fiction. What you saw on the way to wherever you were going in the morning. Think about who you can invite to guest post.) You can join our blog carnival this week.
- Make a posting schedule – write down your post ideas for the week.
- Then, whenever you have the time, write.
- You don’t have to be perfect. You’ll be surprised at how some of your quickest posts get the maximum attention.
- Visit other blogs. Do your own take on something you read.
Okay. Enough, now.
Just. DO. IT.!