Today, I invite you to read Darren’s post :
Then write a list post on your blog. Remember to include a link to this post in your post.
Link your post to the linky at the bottom of this page.
Read the other posts linked here, comment and share!
8 Invaluable Writing Tips From Stephen King
Stephen King needs no introduction. A prolific and very successful writer, his On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft should be made compulsory reading for all aspiring writers. Today, I’m happy to share with you some of his writing tips from this book.
- Put your desk in the corner, and every time you sit down there to write, remind yourself why it isn’t in the middle of the room. Life isn’t a support system for art. It’s the other way around.
- Paragraphs are almost always as important for how they look as for what they say; they are maps of intent.
- You undoubtedly have your own thoughts, interests, and concerns, and they have arisen, as mine have, from your experiences and adventures as a human being. . . . You should use them in your work.
- Try any goddam thing you like, no matter how boringly normal or outrageous. If it works, fine. If it doesn’t, toss it.
- You can’t please all of the readers all of the time; you can’t please even some of the readers all of the time, but you really ought to try to please at least some of the readers some of the time.
- What would be very wrong, I think, is to turn away from what you know and like…in favor of things you believe will impress your friends, relatives, and writing-circle colleagues.
- There are lots of would-be censors out there, and although they may have different agendas, they all want basically the same thing: for you to see the world they see… or to at least shut up about what you do see that’s different. They are the agents of the status quo.
- Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well.
Now go write your list and add the link here…… Have a great time visiting and reading other blogs linked here.