Welcome to the 2nd Write Tribe Festival of Words !
I’m so glad that so many of you have shown an interest in taking part in this Festival. We had our first Festival in September and it was a success. I’m sure this one will be so too.
How does this Festival work?
1. You write a post on your blog every day from 8th to 14 December 2013 based on the theme of the day. I’ve shared the theme for each day of the Festival with you in the announcement, but I’ll repeat them:
8 Dec – Memory/ Memories
9 Dec – Food
10 Dec – Books
11 Dec – Music
12 Dec – Travel
13 Dec – People
14 Dec – Dream/s
I leave it to your creativity to interpret the theme of the day. I’m guessing that by now you’ve planned what you’re going to write every day. Some of you, I know, have already scheduled your posts. Well done!
Please include this line in your post: I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013. (Hyperlink this to: http://writetribe.com)
2. You can then add your link to the day’s post on Write Tribe (http://writetribe.com). This will go live by 9 am (Indian Standard Time) each day.
3. Once you’ve added your link, visit and comment on as many posts as you can. Remember, the more blogs you visit and comment on regularly, the more comments you will get. Also, share the posts of other bloggers on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ etc. Pay it forward works every time, in blogging and in life.
4. Make it easy for your readers to comment on your blog. Get rid of “captcha” and preferably don’t insist on a sign-up to comment.
5. Make sure the sharing buttons on your posts are prominent and easy to use. If you are on Twitter, configure the tweet button to include your Twitter ID. This way you know who is sharing your posts and can thank them and return the favour. I encourage you to read this post from Vidya Sury on Write Tribe: Quick Blogging Tips to Help You Blog Better.
You might like to add the Write Tribe badge to your post and/or your blog.
<div align="center"><a href="http://writetribe.com" title="Write Tribe"><img src="http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab92/CorinneCR/6743bc0c-f84c-4b75-b2aa-82bafb353f8e_zps485e2995.jpg" alt="Write Tribe" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Let’s make the second #WriteTribe Festival of Words a fantastic blogging experience, shall we? Please feel free to ask me for clarifications.
PS: In light of the Festival today’s Saturday prompt and the Wednesday and Saturday prompt for next week will not happen. We will get back to them from the week of 15 December.