This week – Feb 10-16 is the Random Acts of Kindness Week – celebrating kindness and love, and Valentine’s Day on the 14th makes it even more exciting!
Kindness is easy – all we need to do is try. I’d like to share a charming example of a wonderful random act of kindness from our friend Fran Sorin – Give Flower, Get A Smile. Watch her in action here and find out more about this idea.
So how shall we celebrate kindness and love on Write Tribe? We decided to hold a contest! Here is how you can participate:
1. Write a story, a poem, an essay on your blog on the following prompt:
Listen with the ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love! ~ Rumi
2. The quote need not be used but your writing should be inspired by it.
3. The word limit is 600 words.
4. Use the following picture in your post and hyperlink it to our post (this is the link: http://writetribe.com/the-language-of-love/)
5. Our linky for this contest will open at 0000 hours on 14th February 2014 and close at 2300 hours on 15th February (Indian Standard Time). So while you might write your post before that, please ensure you link it here in this time frame.
The prize – A bouquet of e-books. 🙂
We are grateful to our friend, Vishal Bheeroo for inspiring us to choose this quote. Thanks, Vishal!
Note : There will be no Wednesday or 100 Words on Saturday prompt this week!
Celebrate kindness and love this week!
For results go here.