Be a fearless writer!
How often we get bogged down with the non-essentials. Too often we allow the imposter syndrome to keep us from being successful. Fear. Anxiety. Lack of motivation. Lack of discipline. These are just some of the things that keep us from being the best writers we can be.
Remember that YOU are the creator of your writing. True, you are inspired by various people, events and sources, but the bottom line is that YOU are in control. It’s important then to stay true to yourself. To write authentically. To be fearless.
Today, we’re sharing with you
20 Quotes To Encourage You To Be A Fearless Writer
1. When you find your path,you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. – Paulo Coelho
2. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.– Paulo Coelho
3. Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice. – Will Smith
4. Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you. – Eric Thomas
5. Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. – James Baldwin
6. Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it, and I’m afraid of people who do. luck to me is something else: Hard work – and realizing what is opportunity and what isn’t. – Lucille Ball
7. Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions. – Tony Robbins
8. I’m here to tell you that it’s not important initially to know how you’re going to create a result. What’s important is to decide you will find a way, no matter what. – Tony Robbins
9. One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. – Lucille Ball
10. A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful. – Steve Harvey
11. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les BrownToo many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les BrownClick To Tweet
12. A lot of people become discouraged too soon. The name of the game is, you’ve got to be relentless. – Les Brown
13. Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel. Courage is taking action…..no matter what. So you’re afraid? Be afraid. Be scared silly to the point you’re trembling and nauseous, but do it anyway!
― Richelle E. Goodrich
14. “If you choose to be fearless, then be fearlessly authentic not an imitation of someone you envy.”
― Shannon L. Alder
15. Let’s not wait forever for our lives to start. Let’s begin them ourselves. Let’s be fearless for once and say, we can do this. ― Cammie McGovern
16. With a hint of good judgment, to fear nothing, not failure or suffering or even death, indicates that you value life the most. You live to the extreme; you push limits; you spend your time building legacies. Those do not die.― Criss Jami
17. Changing the big picture takes time.. and the best things to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives if we’re doing all that. That becomes the collage of real change – Michelle Obama
18. You can’t let fear and indecision sink your creativity— they do not easily release their hold. ― Richie Norton
19. We grow fearless when we do the things we fear. ― Robin S. Sharma
20. It doesn’t matter what you do…so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that’s like you after you take your hands away. – Ray Bradbury
Which one of these quotes speaks to the ‘fear-filled writer’ in you?
If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away. Sanch and Write Tribe give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up between Friday and Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.
Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.
Our featured writers:
15 July Linkup – Mac Glanville in response to the prompt : “Secretly we’re all a little more absurd than we make ourselves out to be.” – J K Rowling
29th July Linkup – Ankita Shukla in response to the prompt : Write a poem or personal essay about what you do when you are alone – do you feel lonely or do you enjoy your own company
With effect from this Friday, #FridayReflections is back again every Friday.
This week’s prompts:
1. What can you see outside your window? Describe the weather, the sights, the sounds in the best possible way
2. Write about a time you failed at something. Did you try again or give up completely?
3. Take your camera for a walk and write based on one of the photographs you take
4. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one”
5. Picture Prompt via (corinnerodrigues.com)