- Clear And Simple Writing : Short Sentences
- Clear And Simple Writing: The Power of One Idea
- Clear And Simple Writing: Use Fewer Words
- Clear And Simple Writing: Get Active
- 10 Killer Filler Words To Avoid
- Don’t Dangle Your Participle
- In On At (Prepositions of Place)
- 48 Commonly Misspelled Words (UBC Linky)
- Avoid An Apostrophe Catastrophe 1
- 12 Most Misunderstood Words In English | Wednesday Prompt
- I Me And Myself | Wednesday Prompt
Don’t you love it when people want to use one word and end up using something that sounds similar, but is in fact very different? I love to giggle when people do that, especially if I feel they are pompous! There are plenty of words like that. But today we’re going to look at the
12 Most Misunderstood Words In English
What are they?
Now look at the infographic below to see how we tend to confuse them:
Are there any other words you would like to add to this list? Do let us know in the comments.
In case you didn’t know already 12 Most is a fantastic website that has an ongoing series of posts titled 12 Most……
Sample a couple of their posts:
12 Most Freeing Reasons to Scrap a Blog Post
12 Most Go-to Grammar Tips
A Wednesday prompt? Of course!
Write a post listing 12 Most ………
It can be a list of anything you want to write about. For example, My 12 Most Favourite Books, 12 Most Important Reasons To Proofread Your Posts……… Once you are done, come back here and link your 12 Most post!
Looking forward to reading your lists.